December 28, 2008 was the initial induction of six athletes and four distinguished service recipients into the LaSalle High School Athletic Hall of Fame. Those inductees were:
* The late Leroy "Jumbo" Soletner from the Class of 1949. He played football and basketball.
* Barry Pierson, Class of 1966, outstanding athlete and coach.
* Ed Lester Sr., Class of 1973, standout in football, basketball, and track.
* Barb LaTour, Class of 1976, basketball standout.
* Wade Huskey, Class of 1980, wrestling standout
* Colleen Colegrove, Class of 1986, track standout
* Bud Vecellio, football and basketball coach
* James R. MacDonald, golf and football coach
* Tom Hamel, athletic trainer at LHS for 22 years
* Herbert Hamel, unofficial athletic doctor at LHS for more than 30 years